The ecommerce websites developed using the Magento platform are called Magento ecommerce websites. The Magento development platform offers complete ecommerce business solutions. All modern features of an ecommerce website should have been included in the platform. Magento developers can customize the platform as and when needed to meet the business requirement. The modern ecommerce platform is equipped with the latest technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI). The platform has many modules and extensions to meet the ecommerce business requirements. These can be customized and new ones can be added easily by the ecommerce developers. The Magento ecommerce development platform is based on PHP and MySQL technologies.
The Magento ecommerce websites are equipped with the following features in general:
- Product Catalog - The website builder lets the ecommerce developers create various pages together with the product catalog. The catalog consists of category-wise products and product pages. Bulk products can be uploaded using the dashboard of the store website. Upload the .csv file to upload the products in bulk. The look and feel of the ecommerce catalog depend upon the theme chosen from the various options provided.
- Shopping Cart - Integrate the shopping cart to the product catalog. Choose payment gateway options together with COD as per the business strategy. Payment options are crucial for an ecommerce website as it is directly linked with the conversions. Similarly, choose shipping options you want to provide to your online shoppers. A shopping cart enables an ecommerce website to receive payment for the orders placed and complete the transaction.
- Inventory Management - The backend of the ecommerce website offers the product stock management system. The Magento platform offers real-time inventory management together with just-in-time inventory (JIT) management. Inventory management in Magento is an automated process. Reports can be generated using the dashboard for the inventory. There are various modules available on the platform to choose from as per the requirement.
- Order Management - Orders are the backbone of an ecommerce business. Online buyers place an order using the website to the seller. The online seller receives the order and views it in the dashboard. The seller does the necessary activities to ship the product ordered to the buyer. This makes the transaction complete. The Magento platform offers various reports to enhance further sales and improve the overall CX.
- Cross-selling and Up-selling - Product recommendations are the key to ecommerce conversions nowadays. AI & ML together play a fabulous job here. The Magento platform offers Adobe Sensei extension to automate the product recommendations to cross-sell and up-sell the products. This offers easy conversions together with a good customer experience (CX). This makes Magento websites different from the other ecommerce websites available.
- Personalization - The Magento offers merchants to give a personalized experience to the shoppers. Ecommerce personalization is based on customer behavior, order history, location, gender, and so on. Using these parameters merchants can set dynamic pricing, show personalized content, show personalized offers, and so on. Personalization gives a higher conversion and keeps customers smiling.
The Magento platform offers a flexible ecommerce platform with almost all necessary website features already intact. Zaptech Solutions is a Magento ecommerce development company that offers to hire a Magento developer to meet business requirements. It has more than a decade of Magento development experience.